We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with solid experience in Customer Service to join our Exports team in Jeddah.
The role of the Counter Customer Service Agent is to own/manage the customer experience of his/her customers. This includes proactively monitoring and managing the end-to-end shipment process in compliance with all company procedures, ensuring that the cargo is transported as per the transport plan promised to the customer and/or that the customers is kept informed of relevant deviations. This requires close cooperation with the counterparts in One Team CS (GSC) who are executing the majority of the transactional tasks. Building relationships with the customers, understanding their business drivers should be leveraged to continuously improve cooperation and process to the mutual benefit of the customer and Maersk Line.
– Be the primary point of contact for assigned CARE customers and act as an advocate for these customers, internally within Maersk Line.
– Actively build strong relationships with customers and gain an understanding of their business, service needs, drivers and desires (including onboarding of customers to the CARE program), amongst others.
– Ensure smooth execution of the end-to-end shipment lifecycle, by working closely with the customer as well as internal stakeholders
– Proactively track shipments and notify customers of relevant deviations from the transport plan, including potential solutions or alternatives
– Be the owner of all customer issues and engage relevant stakeholders as required to facilitate timely and effective solutions in order to pacify the situation and avoid unnecessary cost.
– Manage / improve day to day process interaction with own customers by leveraging detailed customer knowledge, actively engaging with One Team CS counterparts where relevant.
– Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction of assigned customers
– Understand claims policy and its impact on company assets and guide customers best possible through any potential claim situation
– Understand per diem / demurrage implications for containers and its impact on company revenue
– Commercial intelligence: engage customers in discussions about new business opportunities, business and support expectations and competitor/market intelligence. Feed relevant intelligence back to stakeholders in Sales and/or TNM
– Remain current on changes in local & foreign rules, internal & external procedures and product developments, build and maintain understanding of the cargo you are shipping and requirements that come with it and understanding of cross functional processes and how they link it to your role.
– In general, actively seek out and act on continuous improvement opportunities both in relation to customers and internal / external stakeholders
– Always behave in a manner consistent with and loyal to the A.P. Moller – Maersk values
We are looking for
– 2 years’ experience in Maersk or in Logistics industry
– Direct call handling experience
– Demonstrated relationship techniques
– Sense of urgency
– Ability to multi task
– High school diploma or equivalent (4 year college degree preferred)
– Proficiency in Microsoft suite
Please click here to Apply Online