Provides security for USG facilities, employees, and family by performing procedures to detect, recognize, and report on Surveillance directed against U.S. Government facilities and/or personnel and provides support directly, or by calling assistance. In case of imminent attack, calls for immediate assistance and takes action to prevent injury and death to personnel and destruction of property.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Completion of High school is required.
2. Experience: One (1) year previous military, police, or security experience in a position which involved observation/ surveillance skills and techniques is required. Surveillance or related experience is required.
3. Language Requirements: English Level I (Basic knowledge – read, write, speak) and Arabic Level IV (Fluent – read, write, speak) required. Skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge/Other Criteria: Must be familiar with procedures for conducting and reporting surveillance and capable of discerning normal traffic patterns, pedestrian behavior, and choke points of Consulate facilities, access and travel routes.
5. Other Skills: Must have a valid Saudi driver’s license. Skilled in use of surveillance equipment (digital cameras) preferred. Basic (level1) keyboard/typing and basic computer skills required. Must be able to work independently and adapt to changing circumstances without requesting guidance. Must have strong organizational and observation skills.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Current LE Staff employees of the Mission applying for vacant position announcements must have served a minimum of twelve (12) months in their current position in order to be considered for any vacant position.
2. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the applications will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment DS-174;
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae;
3. A clear copy of valid Saudi identity card
4. A clear copy of valid Saudi driver’s license
5. Any other documentation (e.g. copy of essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualifications requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND ALL DOCUMENTS AS A SINGLE FILE IN PDF FORMAT TO EMAIL ADDRESS (multiple files will not be considered): HRORiyadh@state.gov
CLOSING DATE WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2015 @ 1700 HRS (local Saudi time)