The incumbent provides security for American Embassy personnel, family members and facilities by performing procedures to detect recognize and report on hostile surveillance directed at USG interests. In case of imminent attack, calls for immediate assistance and takes action to prevent death, injury and destruction of property. Field assignment involved and may work on shift duties as necessary. U. S. MISSION Vacancy Announcement Riyadh – Jeddah – Dhahran
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Completion of High school education is required.
2. Experience: Three (3) years of prior work experience required.
3. Language Requirements: English Level I (Basic knowledge – Read/Write/Speak) and Arabic Level IV (Fluent – Read/Write/Speak) required. Skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge/Other Criteria: Must be familiar with procedures for conducting and reporting surveillance and capabilities discerning of normal traffic patterns, pedestrian behaviors and choke points.
5. Other Skills: Valid driver’s license required; skilled in the use of technical equipment such as digital cameras required. Keyboard typing and basic computer skills required along with familiarization with photo software. Must be able to work independently.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Current LE Staff employees of the Mission applying for vacant position announcements must have served a minimum of twelve (12) months in their current position in order to be considered for any vacant position.
2. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the applications will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment DS-174;
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae;
3. A clear copy of valid Saudi identity card
4. Any other documentation (e.g. copy of essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualifications requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND ALL DOCUMENTS AS A SINGLE FILE IN PDF FORMAT TO EMAIL ADDRESS (multiple files will not be considered): HRORiyadh@state.gov