Based at Alshaya’s office in Riyadh, the Head of HR will manage a team of HR specialists who as a team, will deliver the HR function to Alshaya across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The position will report to the SVP Human Resources (based in Kuwait) and will work alongside other leaders within the business to support the organisational objectives.
*To lead and develop a large team of HR specialists across various HR functions which include: Government Relations, HR Services, Compensation & Benefits, Training & Development, Recruitment and HR Business Partnering.
*To maintain excellent Government Relations teams across the Kingdom by ensuring all HR processes related to visas, licenses, work permits, labour and Ministry regulations etc. are consistent.
*To be accountable for carrying out and ensuring that all activities involved in the successful recruitment and on-boarding of new recruits are completed in a timely and professional manner.
* To lead HR operational activities such as workforce planning and annual salary reviews such that they are compliant with guidelines and policies.
* To consistently focus the team on supporting managers and employees across various cities in KSA.
* To partner with senior executives to resolve people issues and growth challenges in KSA.
* To ensure the roll-out of HR initiatives and programmes across a complex multi-brand, multi-city retail business ensuring consistency of policy and process application.
* To facilitate the annual calendar of key HR interventions.
* To manage and execute HR strategy/ policy/ process as defined by specialist areas of HR.
* To lead Alshaya’s Retail Academy in KSA.
* Strong corporate HR experience gained in a very large company with multiple teams and operations across the Kingdom.
* Minimum 15 years of HR experience, including 5 years in a leadership position managing a team of HR professionals with a successful track record.
* Strong retail background preferred (not a must) – open to other sectors/industries (FMCG, Telecom, Banking and manufacturing).
* Bachelor’s degree in either HR or related field is an advantage.
* Human resource management principles and best practice “know-how”.
* Extensive knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance and practices and experience in leading, developing and executing HR projects and programs.
* Evidence of successful collaboration with local government entities.
* Must be a Saudi National.
* Very strong leadership skills: Pragmatic, decisive and charismatic.
* Strong communicator: Excellent networking and PR skills.
* Hands-on and proactive.
* Comfortable in managing complexity.
* Energetic and dynamic.
* Very strong command of English and Arabic.