As a Country Legal & Integrity Manager you will be responsible for:
1. Legal Advice: Providing legal advice and counsel to ABB management and overseeing all dispute and litigation matters. Drives and ensures consistency in legal services and advice provided by the local in-house lawyers in his/her Country. Providing advice to the Region Head Legal & Integrity, the Country Managing Director as well as Country Group Functions/Divisions.
2. Contract negotiation: Negotiating frame agreements and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers.
3. Legal strategies: Anticipating and identifies legal issues of concern to management and proactively develops effective legal strategies and practical solutions. Monitoring legal affairs, including but not limited to litigations and activity reports and organizes regularly meetings with the Country teams.
4. Governance: Ensuring good corporate governance in the area of accountability in the Country, manages implementation of the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training, and assists in investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise.
5. Company guidelines and instructions: Identifying need for and implements new or updated Company directives/guidelines based on local legislation and directives. Contributes to the development of ABB Group legal and integrity strategy, policies and programs. Ensuring both local and Group legal directives and instructions are implemented in area of responsibility, and monitors on-going integrity.
6. Intellectual Property (IP): Monitoring Intellectual Property (trademarks and patents), taking advice and guidance if necessary from external lawyers and working with colleagues within the IP function.
7. External service providers: Managing, liaising with and oversees use of external service providers, including external counsel.
8. Training: Planning and coordinating the training for Country Legal and Integrity team. Ensuring legal and integrity training is carried out for employees in the business.
9. Budget: Participating in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
10. People leadership and development: Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates.
You must hold a Bachelors’ Degree or Master’s Degree in Law ideally from a Leading University.
12+ Years Work Experience including International Experience.
Excellent English & Arabic languages are mandatory and knowledge of Saudi Arabian Sharia Law is a plus.
Track record in Leadership, Good Communication, Experience both In-house and with Law Firm, preferably also Experience in Compliance.
Reporting Line: Region Head of Legal & Integrity
Number of direct reports: 3-4
Job Ref: J007040. Version A
Definition Organizational Leadership:
1. Leads organizations with an emphasis on strategic decision making mainly in a global or regional senior role. Responsible for corporate business strategies with a longer-term focus. Clear focus on developing the company’s goals and plans. Responsible for motivating large populations of ABB’s workforce.
2. Leads organizations with a focus on longer term strategic planning and policy development. Leadership of one or more organizational area(s). Requires in-depth knowledge of company’s goals and plans. Clear focus on organizational leadership over subject matter expertise. Managing through sub-managers.
3. Leads teams with a focus on operational planning and process development. Typically accountable for budget and policy recommendations and medium term planning. Typically managing through first line managers mainly in function area. Focus balances leadership and subject matter expertise.
4. Manages teams with a focus on operational execution; short/medium-term operational/tactical responsibilities. Often the first manager level with full responsibility for human resource planning, selection, development and performance management. Management involves utilizing individual subject matter expertise.
1. Leadership – Results Orientation – 3
2. Leadership – Strategic Orientation – 3
3. Leadership – Teamwork and Collaboration – 4
4. Leadership – People Development – 2
5. Leadership – Personal Leadership – 3
6. Leadership – Change Leadership – 3
7. Leadership – Intercultural Sensitivity &
8. Leadership – Customer & Market Orientation – 2
9. Leadership – Results Orientation – 3
10. Leadership – Strategic Orientation – 3
11. Leadership – Teamwork and Collaboration – 4
12. Leadership – People Development – 2
13. Leadership – Personal Leadership – 3
14. Leadership – Change Leadership – 3
15. Leadership – Intercultural Sensitivity & Effectiveness – 3
16. Leadership – Customer & Market Orientation – 2
17. Leadership – Results Orientation – 3
18. Leadership – Strategic Orientation – 2
19. Leadership – Teamwork and Collaboration – 3
20. Leadership – People Development – 3
21. Leadership – Personal Leadership – 3
22. Leadership – Change Leadership – 3
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online