Vacancy Announcement Number: CPAC-15-516977
Position Title/Grade: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OA), T1-0303-05/06
Salary: $16,475.00 – $23,713 Per Year
Place of Work: Commissary – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Position Type: Permanent position
Work schedule: Full-time
Closing Date: March 09, 2015
Number of Vacancy: 1 position to be filled
Duties: Typically, this position includes functions such as: performing a variety of clerical, secretarial, and administrative duties related to the management of the office, such as ordering of office supplies, timekeeping duties, and receiving telephone and personal callers. Maintains office and/or supervisor’s appointment calendar. Prepares office correspondence, maintain offices files and maintains control records on incoming correspondence and action documents to insure timely replies. Checks correspondence for correct routing, grammatical and spelling accuracy, and conformance with correspondence guidelines. Serves as point of contact for visitors, and responds to inquiries not of a technical nature. Refers all technical calls to proper person. Provides basic information to the public. Arranges and attends staff meetings, and follows up as necessary to ensure action items are completed as scheduled. Determines which items should be brought to the attention of the director and which can be personally handled. Prepares and types travel orders/vouchers, coordinating travel questions with the higher headquarters as necessary. Makes hotel, airline, and other travel arrangements. Reviews new or revised policies, procedures, regulations and directives issued by higher headquarters to determine impact on local operations and processes revised local operating procedure documents to conform with new guidance. Develops and administers procedures for the processing of staff actions and safeguarding materials. Establishes suspenses and monitors progress of staff actions to assure that required suspenses are met. Serves as an immediate source of information on personnel processing and administration for the office. Maintains a library of regulations, directives, and orders appropriate publications as needed. Monitors and coordinates activities relating to personnel and other aspects of the directorate. Maintains liaison with appropriate personnel regarding assignments for personnel to include the processing of all types of actions such as awards, evaluation reports, training requests, security clearances, and various personnel actions.
About the Salary Ranges shown: As a general rule, the basic salary for individuals newly appointed to organization is set at the lowest step within the grade (step 01) of hire.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS:
• Excellent benefits and entitlements.
• Eligible for Living Quarters Allowance (Housing Allowance).
• Transportation Allowance may be provided.
WHO MAY APPLY:
• Saudi citizens and Non-US/Non-Saudi citizens with valid/current transferrable work permit (iqama) living within the local commuting area.
• When fully qualified, Saudi citizen applicants are given preference.
• Non-US/Non-Saudi citizen applicants will only be considered when it is determined that sufficient number and skills are not available from host country resources.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Applicants must submit a COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE.
For Saudi citizen applicants: a complete application package includes a narrative resume and a copy of the applicant’s Saudi ID.
For Non-US/Non-Saudi citizen applicants: a complete application package includes a narrative resume and copy of the applicant’s passport/iqama.
• For qualifications determinations, your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (e.g., 40 hrs/week, Sep 2000 – Feb 2003 or Sep 2000 – Present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete, and you will not receive consideration for this position.
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SAUDI and NON–US / NON-SAUDI CITIZENS ONLY
• Your resume must include your typing speed (words per minute). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete, and you will not receive consideration for this position.
• Your application package must be received by our office before midnight of the closing date. This applies to e-mail applications as well. Late submissions are not eligible.
• First page of your resume must include the Announcement Number and Position Title/Grade you are applying for. If you are e-mailing your application package, please ensure to indicate the Announcement Number and Position Title/Grade on the subject header of each e-mail for proper sorting. Please send as Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachment.
• If you are applying for more than one position, you must send an application package for EACH VACANCY that you are applying for.
• Incomplete application packages will not be accepted and kept in this office.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Personnel security investigation is required.
• One year probationary period is required.
• Must be able to type 40 words per minute.
• Must be able speak and write English fluently.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Saudi Driver’s License.
• This is a “Single Status” appointment.
• Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost may or may not be authorized.
• Position may or may not require overtime work.
• Position may be filled at any grade level and may be non-competitively promoted to target grade.
• Position may or may not require shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE can be emailed to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org OR sent by mail to: USMTM Attn: CPAC-HRO P.O. Box 22488, Riyadh 11495 KSA
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: In order to receive consideration for this position, applicants must meet specialized experience requirements as defined in the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards. Additionally, the quality of the experience must clearly demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary to successfully perform the duties of this position.
• Narrative resumes will be evaluated to ensure your experience; training and/or education meet the qualification requirements defined in the OPM Qualification Standards stated in this vacancy announcement.
• Quality of experience relates to how closely or to what extent an applicant’s background and recent experience, education, and training are relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Applicants must have the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to successfully perform the work of the position at the appropriate level.
EXPERIENCE: The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management’s basic qualification requirements and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this vacancy announcement.
To qualify for T1-05, the applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the T1-04 (or equivalent) level.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as: performing administrative duties in support of the daily mission of an organization, such as maintaining the supervisor’s calendar, answering the phones, greeting visitors, reviewing correspondence for grammar and accuracy, etc.
To qualify for T1-06, the applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the T1-05 (or equivalent) level. Specialized experience for this position is defined as: screening staff actions to ensure compliance with standards, preparing charts and reports, responding to requests for information, participating in or carrying a variety of special projects assigned by the supervisor; collecting data and documentary evidence, analyzing and evaluating material.
The related work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level.
• Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a DoD Third State Worker position within the last 52 weeks must meet the Time in Grade Restriction.
• Time in Grade Restriction: Must have 52 weeks of service with the organization at the next lower grade level (or equivalent).
• For T1-05 level, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Four full academic years of education beyond the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite. One year of full-time academic study is defined as 30 semester hours, 45 quarter hours, or the equivalent in a college or university, or at least 20 hours of classroom instruction per week for approximately 36 weeks in a business, secretarial, or technical school. NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.
• For T1-06 level, graduate education that is DIRECTLY RELATED to the work of the position. NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Combination of Education and experience: You can also demonstrate a combination of successfully completed post-high school education and specialized experience to qualify for this position.
For T1-05 and below level positions, only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience.
• Applicants claiming formal education above high school must provide a copy of transcripts in order to receive credit for higher education.
• Only foreign education that has been evaluated for U.S. equivalency is acceptable.
• Foreign Education: Education that has been completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the job requirements. In order to receive credit in the examination for your foreign education, you must have your foreign education evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education credentials. Such education must be declared the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution. You must include this information with your application package.
• Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Applicants will receive appropriate consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, except where specifically authorized by law, age, politics or disability which do not relate to successful performance of the duties of this position.