The incumbent provides security for facilities and personnel by performing procedures to detect and report on indicators of possible hostile surveillance. In case of imminent attack, calls for immediate assistance and takes action to prevent death, injury to personnel and /or destruction of property.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
2. Experience: Two (2) to three (3) years of police, security or military experience is required. Previous experience in a position which involved observation / surveillance skills and techniques is required.
3. Language Requirements: English Level I (Basic knowledge – Read/Write/Speak) and Arabic Level IV (Fluent – Read/Write/Speak) required. Skills will be tested. U. S. MISSION Vacancy Announcement Riyadh – Jeddah – Dhahran
4. Knowledge/Other Criteria: Must be familiar with procedures for conducting and reporting surveillance and capabilities discerning of normal traffic patterns, pedestrian behaviors and choke points of USG facilities access and travel routes.
5. Other Skills: Valid Saudi driver’s license required; skilled in the use of technical equipment such as digital cameras required. Keyboard typing and basic computer skills required along with familiarization with photo software. Must be able to work independently. Must have strong organization and observation skills.
When equally qualified, U.S. citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidates address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of that appointment.
3. EFMs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsoring employee’s tour of duty from the EFM’s hiring date.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of that appointment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
5. Current LE Staff employees of the Mission applying for vacant position announcements must have served a minimum of twelve (12) months in their current position in order to be considered for any vacant position.
6. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following and incomplete applications will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment DS-174;
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae;
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
4. A clear copy of valid Saudi identity/iqama card and work permit.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. copy of essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualifications requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND ALL DOCUMENTS AS A SINGLE FILE IN PDF FORMAT TO EMAIL ADDRESS (multiple files will not be considered): HRORiyadh@state.gov
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: MONDAY, APRIL 23, 2015
@ 1700 HRS (local Saudi time)