Al-Falak is having an opening for a leading Oil & Gas Company in Saudi Arabia
Job Title :Piping Engineer
The Pipelines Engineer is expected to do at least the following work:
1. Be the focal point for ensuring all integrity related issues are managed and that the appropriate support is provided to the operations team.
2. Analyze pipeline integrity data, identify hazards and make recommendations for mitigating risks.
3. Reviews impact of anomalies on pipeline (mechanical design) and make recommendations for remedial work.
4. Evaluate integrity assessment results to identify the need for additional preventive maintenance, the need for rerating of the pipeline,
determining the remaining operational life of the pipeline, determining the optimum re assessment interval and appropriate re-assessment
methods, and any rehabilitative efforts to maintain asset integrity.
5. Participate in the preparation of hazard identification and risk assessments studies for pipelines and their associated infrastructure.
6. Develop or suggest improvements to Saudi Aramco engineering standards, engineering procedures, and best practices to enhance the
pipelines design, operations and maintenance.
7. Perform technical tasks on onshore and offshore pipelines facilities# operations, engineering and projects.
8. Ensure the technical quality of the work produced and the assigned tasks are completed on time.
9. Participate in projects vendor meetings when requested for ensuring the pipelines proper engineering design.
10. Provide expertise to support technically Pipelines operations and maintenance.
11. Provide expertise to answer technical queries and lead technical engineering studies.
12. Resolve pipeline technical problems for operating facilities. Able to handle pipelines engineering and repairs problems.
13. Review design packages and provide technical support to new projects.
14. Perform Hop-Tap calculations, and road crossing calculations.
15. Perform Piping Fitness-for-Service (FFS) evaluations and recommend suitable repair.
16. Perform integrity assessment for pipelines.
17. Review and update piping standards and Introduce new piping and pipeline technologies.
18. Mentor, develop and train other young Saudi engineers.
19. Develop and deliver in-house technical training courses, seminars, workshops and presentations.
20. Participate in technical committees and incidents investigation studies.
21. Participate in value engineering (VE) studies as requested.
22. Provide Support to the following activities:
a. Piping and equipment layout design relevant to the assigned unit or area.
b. Piping general arrangements and piping isometrics relevant to the assigned unit or area.
c. Piping isometrics in the reference P&IDs.
d. Pipe support design for the relevant unit or area in coordination to Pipe Stress Engineer.
e. Piping bill of materials.
f. Piping and layout design specifications and construction standards.
23. Pipe Stress evaluation in a typical project includes:
a. Specification for Stress Analysis.
b. Piping critical line list.
c. Pipe support specification/ standards.
d. Selection of applicable pipe supports.
24. Review of hydraulics and stress calculations.
25. Review material specifications, data-sheets, NMR and review vendor drawings
26. Review of IFC design packages in accordance with approved company standards.
27. Reviews, analysis of proponents on Pipelines operations problems such as isolation and leaks repairs.
28. Reviews of applicable standards, codes and specifications and incorporate them in job specifications.
29. Review job safety analysis for pipelines operation and project tie-in and isolation requirements.
30. Review job specifications for piping fabrication, inspection and testing.
31. Review hydro test, commissioning and start-up procedures for newly and exiting pipelines.
A. EDUCATION: B.S. in Engineering.
B. EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years of experience, preferably in the oil industry or similar process industry. Experience must be such that the
incumbent is clearly recognized as being capable of project and design assignments beyond the ability of the basic professional ENGINEER
III or is qualified to an outstanding degree in one or another “Specialist” category.
C. LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
A thorough knowledge of English is required to perform analyses and studies in depth, make professional
presentations and keep up with technical advancements; Arabic not required but considered desirable for American incumbents in this
70061157 – Piping Engineer Page 3 / 5
D. OTHER: Must have a thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, US and
Aramco Codes, Standards and Specifications.
An attractive salary package could be offered to the successful candidate depending upon his education, experience, skills and present earnings. Following benefits would also be provided apart from monthly cash salary
• Employees can have a leave of 30 days per year
• Company provided health insurance
• End of Service Benefits
• Hiring Procedure:
• Once you apply, your qualifications and documents will be assessed and examined.
• If you satisfy the company’s requirements, you will be notified through a phone call or email.
• There will be a Face-Face interview with the client, only for shortlisted candidates in Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
• Work Locations will be based on client’s decision.
Employer want to submit job applications through their website at: Apply Online