The position is responsible for a variety of HR Services supporting American Direct Hire and Locally Employed Staff (LES) of the mission along with their Eligible Family Members at Post. Duties include, but not limited to managing the Variable Compensation Plan, maintaining the filing system, drafting cables, preparing check-in and check-out packages, letters, re-entry visas validity tracking, updating staffing pattern, preparation of personnel actions, introductory letters, receiving vendor invoices and processing them, ordering supplies for the section etc. Provides assistance to the HR Assistant and serves as a backup in his/her absence.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with sSpecific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: Completion of High School is required
2. Experience: Minimum three years of experience as an Administrative or HR employee in an office environment is required. Duties performed must include regular usage of MS Office software, regular interface with colleagues, and daily communication via e-mail, phone or in person.
3. Language Requirements: Level III English and Arabic (Good working knowledge – read, write and speak). Skills will be tested.
4. Knowledge/Other Criteria: Good knowledge of DOS 3 FAM, 3FAH, Standard regulation, and several Administrative instructions. Must have knowledge of post FSN handbook. Good knowledge of office filing methods, both paper as well as electronic. Good knowledge of computers.
5. Other Skills: Be tactful and courteous in dealing with the employees. Have strong communication skills, good computer skills, and well-organized. Good speed on English/Arabic typing required; Strong ability to read/write English and to translate in Arabic is required; good working knowledge of MS Office suite, especially MS Word and MS Excel. Ability to work under high stress and high volume environment with multi-tasking based on changing priorities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following and incomplete applications will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment DS-174;
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae;
3. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
4. A clear copy of valid Saudi identity/iqama card and work permit.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. copy of essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualifications requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION AND ALL DOCUMENTS AS A SINGLE PDF ATTACHMENT TO: HRORiyadh@state.gov
When equally qualified, U.S. citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidates address the required qualifications above in the application.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22, 2015 @ 1700 HRS (LOCAL SAUDI TIME)