SECTION I: JOB PURPOSE:
This role is responsible for implementing ITFC’s strategies for market penetration and deal generation in the designated region This role is intended to manage client relationships first hand and oversee the end to end implementation of the upstream investment process under the guidance and supervision of an experienced Relationship Manager. This includes identifying prospective clients, evaluating their associated risks and structuring deals for trade finance). This role is responsible for ensuring adherence with ITFC’s risk guidelines.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Relationship and Portfolio Management
• Acting as focal point for the clients or supporting the Relationship Manager throughout the deal cycle, from deal generation to deal closure, and coordinating all communications between the clients and other ITFC functions, including legal documentation, over-dues or complaints in the first step as defined in the Complaints Management Process.
• Receiving Financing Requests from prospective clientele and following up on the emerging needs and requirements.
• Conducting due diligence on prospective deals by evaluating the associated risks in a robust manner. Conducting field visits to validate key aspects of the concerned clientele, as required. Conducting thorough reviews of client profiles, related documentation and financials and in order to validate the client’s financial standing and risk exposure.
• Following up on leads for corporate and structured trade finance funding under the supervision of the Relationship Manager by front-ending the client relationship, building an understanding of the existing client needs and drafting the indicative Term Sheet in line with the relevant guidelines at ITFC.
• Following up on leads for commodity trade finance under the supervision of the Relationship Manager by front ending the client relationship and developing the Term Sheet in consultation with the Transaction Manager.
• Liaising with prospective clientele to secure approval on the proposed Term Sheet and initiating amendments, if needed, in line with the relevant guidelines at ITFC.
• Developing the detailed Credit Memorandum and clarifying the terms and conditions for the provision of Trade Finance instruments. Conducting a thorough risk evaluation to identify the potential risk factors and incorporate mitigating clauses in the Memoranda.
• Forwarding the documentation to the ITFC Legal department and following up with them to secure approval. Sharing the final documentation with the Credit Administration for subsequently archiving and setting up the facility.
• Contribute to the presentation of prospective deals in the Review Committee meetings (i.e. the Operations Review and Credit Review meetings) at ITFC and working to secure approval for implementation.
• Liaising with ITFC clients in the designated region to secure the required documentation for creating the facility.
Integrated trade solutions & client advisory
• Developing in depth understanding of the target countries and sectors which serve as focus areas for ITFC’s export / import financing products. Gaining insight on the economic, political, social and regulatory factors impacting the ease of facilitating international trade across the member countries assigned.
• Developing market intelligence to build an understanding of the predominant players In the Trade Finance market, and their offering across member countries assigned within the designated region.
• Liaising with prospective clientele to build awareness around the nature of Islamic Trade Finance products offered by ITFC (such as Murabaha and Istisna’a), the mode of funding provided (export financing, LC based funding, commodity transactions etc) and the terms and conditions mandating transactions (Sovereign and Non Sovereign Guarantees, commodity based collateral, terms of repayment etc).
• Contributing to pricing based on market – and segment-specific knowledge and other relevant criteria.
• Advising prospective clientele (if necessary with support of experienced Relationship Manager) on trade programs designed for trade promotions & facilitation as contribution to their economic development.
• Originating leads for ITFC’s Trade Finance offering from existing as well as new clientele in the assigned region by initiating discussions around their needs and requirements.
Managing Regional Presence
• Providing input to devise country specific strategies for effective penetration and lead generation in the designated region for ITFC’s Trade Finance offering.
• Contributing to the sales planning by delivering market information of their respective segments/markets to the responsible Relationship Manager.
• Maintaining relationships with clients in the designated region and overseeing the upstream investment process in order to ensure seamless implementation.
• Support the respective Relationship Manager with implementing the CRM process for the region by sharing relevant information for all prospective and existing clientele with the Marketing Specialist, and leveraging the database to guide origination efforts.
SECTION IV: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Masters / Post Graduate Degree, preferably MBA with a specialization in Marketing or International Business/Trade
Language Skills: English and French are compulsory
Years of Experience:
1 to 3 years overall