Maersk Line, the global containerised division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision, built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation has guided our business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier and are consistently recognised as the most reliable container shipping company.
We are currently looking for a Finance Business Partner to join the Finance team based in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
As Finance Business Partner (FBP) you will have the opportunity to provide performance management, financial analytics and decision support to the TNM team. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to challenge and contribute to more data driven decisions within the TNM Function
As part of a dynamic global network, you will be working closely together with the leadership team in WCA Finance, your peers across the world as well as with senior stakeholders in the commercial organization throughout SAC Cluster and WCA Region.
Our ideal candidate has a solid background in business controlling, a thorough understanding of operational and financial processes and a drive to achieve results through others. If you have what it takes, we look forward to receiving your application
– WWWT – Market Plan: Ensure full visibility across the cluster on the performance of trade priorities using the standard Market Plan 2.0 performance framework. Work directly with the Trade Managers to derive action plans where improvement is required. Work with the SAL BP to ensure that the opportunity pipeline supports the focus on Market Plan target delivery.
– Customer Profitability: Own and drive both the Tender Preparation Package and Customer Performance Score tool in the cluster to ensure it is actively used to achieve optimal results in both tender preparation (as soon as released as part of global direction setting and LTCF) and in the conversion of the market plans into customer action plans with Sales. Review and incorporate whether other factors should be included in customer priority setting.
– Uptake and downfalls: Ensure full visibility for the cluster through global UTM reports and conduct needed analysis on uptake curves and downfall ratio developments, in order to flag gaps for TNM to act on for agile decision making. Use this for Cluster forecast of RoFo performance over coming 2-6 weeks, until central reporting on such is available.
– Tender Performance: Ensure full visibility on tender performance to flag gaps. Analyse and present recommendations on each tender, including active use of CP Tender Preparation Package, and work side by side with the Sales Executives to optimize the strategy for each tender.
– Customer Performance: Analyse historical customer performance (in total and against MQC) down to NAC level, in order to identify shortfalls and customers who have seized shipping.
– Market Share: Ensure full visibility on market share developments versus targets within a standard framework and analyse key drivers for market developments and conduct needed forecasts and gap analysis
– Business Cases: Ensure that complete business cases are in place for significant changes such as feeder deployment, port coverage, new inland offerings, changes in tariff structures etc. with the responsible parties (mostly LOC) and that robust benefit tracking is in place
– Demurrage and Detention: Support the Product and Charge focal by ensuring full transparency on D/D performance and underlying drivers, recommend actions to drive improvements and quantify impact of those actions. Recommend tariff levels to optimize revenue and ensure majority of customers are handled on standard terms.
-Surcharges and VIP: Support the Product and Charge focal to analyse and review performance and identify areas of under/over delivery including taking an active role in deriving plans to mitigate if required.
– Target Setting: Coordinate target setting and quarterly RoFo process for the cluster to ensure that both short- and long-term strategic priorities are catered for. Act as the analytical vehicle to facilitate Cluster TNM raising concerns proactively to CENTNM and Region.
– Performance management: of agreed upon actions to ensure that each action can be measured on a concrete outcome.
– MLOS: Responsible for providing required data and analytics for weekly/monthly flow of MLOS including OPRs. Communicate performance throughout the organization using standard Tiger and global Reports to ensure everyone has the same understanding of Sales performance. Standardize the reporting landscape, establishing and maintaining the standard reporting requirements on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
– Boxi/FBR super user: Provide training and review standard report requirements/enhancements with Region and CEN. Applications TBD.
– Best practices: Share and ensure local adoption of best practises across Clusters, Regions and Centre including cross-regional work assignments and acting as a focal point for Region and Centre standardization initiatives
We are looking for
– Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Economics [depending on the local market].
– Prior experience (minimum 3 years post qualification experience) within a business partnering environment, working as part of a business leadership team or in a consulting firm
– Experience of working within a Sales, Product or Pricing environment would be a clear advantage
-Proven ability to influence without authority and engage confidently with leaders at all levels.
Please click here to Apply Online